Crown Residents' Forum - Victoria Park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Windows In Pennethorne Close

2 posters

Go down

Replacement Windows In Pennethorne Close Empty Replacement Windows In Pennethorne Close

Post  RobHarries Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:03 am

Hi all,

I recently had some work done in my house, and the builder noticed that the wood under one of the window frames at the top of the house had rotted away due to damp. These are the small windows (5 in my place) above the wall with the bedroom doors in it, for anyone who lives in the same style property!
When we got up a ladder to look, it seems that the wood under the window frame outside had not been painted when the windows were installed, so the wood absorbed rain water and caused the rot.
I contacted Lamberts, and they confirmed that the window frames are the householder's responsibility (boo!), so if you live in a similar property, you might want to get up a ladder and take a look...
I presume there's no comeback to the original installers after such a long time has elapsed, and I can't find any details for them anyway.
Thought you might like to know.

Rob
RobHarries
RobHarries

Back to top Go down

Replacement Windows In Pennethorne Close Empty Window woes

Post  RayAtPennethorne Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 am

Hi Rob,
Just found this post. Sorry a bit late, but nevertheless, it may be helpful, if you or others are still suffering.
I'm in the milti-occupation "block" at Pennethorne Close & my windows have a Monarch sticker on some of the catches.
In Aug98 I contacted Gary Dowdweswell about the windows & he told me they were fitted by Focus Windows & I should contact Dave Edgar on 01322 614551 for further help, which I did, & they came out to visit me. (I still have Gary's letter, want a copy?)
I can't imagine they would want to help ever again, here's the link (http://www.focuswindows.com/contact_us.html). I have "owned" this property for more than a decade, so I guess there is no warrantee any more.
If you want any more "info" call on me at number 6.
Regards,
Ray
RayAtPennethorne
RayAtPennethorne

Back to top Go down