Crown Residents' Forum - Victoria Park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV aerials

3 posters

Go down

TV aerials Empty TV aerials

Post  jason68 Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:39 am

Hello all,

I live in Pennethorne close and do not have an outside TV aerial. Has anyone had one put in; know how much it costs; or can recommend somebody.

Thanks a lot,

Jason

jason68

Back to top Go down

TV aerials Empty Aerials

Post  RayAtPennethorne Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Folks, & Jason in particular,

I also live at Pennethorne Close.

It is said that I am on the communal aerial system according to the powers that be, & that I should therefore have to pay towards the maintenance of said system.

Well I have never had a connection to this aerial system, nor can anybody validate that I DO have access. I am informed that the service should exist, & if it doesn't already it will be made available. I am still holding my breath after this was said to me some months ago.

I am now withholding a part of my "subscriptions" towards the estate budget equal to the amount of my yearly apportionment to the earial maintenance charges & I am in dispute with The Crown / Lamberts for charging me for something which is not provided, nor ever has been provided in the 10+ years of my association with the estate. I am looking for the 10 years "dues" to be returned.

I do have a "normal" analogue aerial affixed to the wall of my property which is the only means available to me to view TV.
Any body else wish to agree or otherwise with me that the communal aerial system does not extend to the building containing the 1-20 Pennethorne Close addresses on the estate? I cannot speak for other multi-occupation buildings on the estate.

Jason, on a personal note, I made a suggestion to Lamberts about the signal deterioration that "recipients" on the estate were experiencing to their analogue / digital signal. To my knowledge Lamberts consulted "requested a check from" more than one Aerial company, so I think I would ask Lamberts for a recommendation. Just be aware that all signals "over air" are being disrupted by the building works between the estate & the beaming antenna, so cable or broadband may be a more satisfactory alternative.

Poor aerial signal is a topic on the lips of all inhabitants on the estate, & has been for well over a year now since the cranes & the resultant building (sort of, London style skyscraper) have appeared on the skyline blocking the signal, just ask around.

Regards,

Ray
RayAtPennethorne
RayAtPennethorne

Back to top Go down

TV aerials Empty Aerials

Post  Guy Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 am

Hello!

We are in Vicars Close and do have a communal aerial connection. It is really poor for watching analogue, however when attached to our freeview box the picture is great!

In late summer 2008 most channels stopped working for several months, apparently because of the new Royal London Hospital development. When the Crowns aerial company finally moving the aerial to try and improve the signal, all our freeview channels came back immediately, and it has been great ever since.

Obviously none of this is any help if you have no connection in the first place...although it's strange if they missed out an entire block. Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Guy
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

TV aerials Empty Re: TV aerials

Post  jason68 Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks chaps very helpful.

Jason

jason68

Back to top Go down

TV aerials Empty Re: TV aerials