Crown Residents' Forum - Victoria Park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road

4 posters

Go down

Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road Empty Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road

Post  marynik Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 am

Residents try to keep their bikes out of people's way, but can't keep them in the flats. A few days ago some thief saw bikes in the windowed area of the stairs, broke in and stole one. Lock repairs to the communal door are taking time. We've suggested that a use for the redundant office space could be a secure cycle store for residents.
Mary Pimm & Nik Wood

marynik

Back to top Go down

Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road Empty Resident Bike Stores

Post  Guy Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:34 am

I think communal bike stores are a great idea! I'm not sure the Crown would allow their old office to be used, but maybe some of the garages around the crown estate could be converted into secure bike stores.
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road Empty Re: Break-in at 6 to 10 Gore Road

Post  alisonheard Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 pm

There have been lots of mentions in the Northiam meetings (which most people should get the minutes of) regarding the problems of bike storage, but nothing has ever really happened. In most of the flats in the estate, the current wording of the leases doesn't permit bikes to be stored in the communal areas of the flats, which means those flat owners without the benefit of a garden having to store them outside. Given the amount of bike theft in the area this isn't practical, so any secure bike storage would be a great idea - I'd certainly pay a subscription for it. The only way to get this to happen is to petition your freeholder - for me it's Northiam Management. I can't believe we're in 2009 and we're not allowed to store bikes inside our own buildings yet there's no secure facility to store them outside. Madness.
alisonheard
alisonheard

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip A Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 pm

The Crown used to have a row od lockabvle bike sheds behind a row of garages in Morpeth Road, but guess the Crown have closed them down along with all the garage round there will they try to sell the site for development.
Philip A
Philip A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down