Tree Pruning Tree Surgery

Go down

Tree Pruning Tree Surgery

Post  Adam Hindmarsh on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am

I have a large tree in the back garden of my house on Gore Road and I was wondering if I have to get permission from the crown estate to have it pruned? Does anyone know of a good registered tree surgeon in the area I could contact to do the work?


Adam Hindmarsh

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tree pruning

Post  Andrew on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am

Gore Road is a conservation area. You will need permission from Hackney Council ( there is a max £20K fine if you don't ).
Here is an extract:
Trees are protected if they are in a conservation area, or if they are the subject of a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). A Tree Preservation Order is an order made by the Council, giving legal protection to trees or woodland. A TPO prevents cutting down, uprooting, topping, lopping, willful damage or destruction of trees (including cutting roots) without Hackney’s permission.

If a tree is not protected by a TPO but is in a conservation area, you must give six weeks notice in writing to the Planning Department if you want to carry out works, providing that the tree is more that 7.5 cm in diameter measured 1.5 metres above ground (or 10cm if the work is to help the growth of other trees). It is an offence to do work to a tree in a conservation area without giving prior notice. If the Council has any objections to your proposed works we will notify you by letter that we intend to serve a TPO . If we have not responded within 6 weeks of your letter, you can carry out the works without further notice. You can download the application form from this website.

Hope this helps.


Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum